June 02, 2010

Scared...



Ok, so our church sponsor's our orphanage in Russia through an organization called Children's HopeChest. They have carepoints and Ministry Centers in Russia, Africa, and are now reaching out to Haiti and many more places.

The CEO of HopeChest, Tom Davis, has traveled all over to these various places and come in contact with hundreds of orphans, and children who are in need. His heart for the Fatherless and 'least of these' is amazing...

He decided to write a book with stories from some of his travels, in hopes to get people involved in the effort to bring aid to the orphan, and spread the good news of Jesus Christ!

Anyway- this is not an advertisement for HopeChest or Tom Davis, but I DID want to let you know about a book that I just read, and one that I am about to read.... Scared was inspired by true stories of children in Africa. I finished it Sunday, and closed the book as tears were still running down my face. I cannot tell you the last time I wept while reading a book.... don't get me wrong, I'm definitely what they call a "cry-er" haha... but this story was heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time.

I will not give anything away, because I want you to experience it for yourself.... but I really encourage you to read it... Tom Davis said it himself, .... it is sad, but it is real, and it is what is happening to sweet children around the world....

So, because HopeChest works in different places around the world, Tom Davis wrote a 2nd novel called Priceless. It is about the devastation that the sex-slave industry is causing to tons girls in that country. I just stared it last night, and I can only imagine what is in store for me as I read.... these are real stories... these are things that are happening NOW...


I really encourage you to get these books, and read.... ask God how he would have you do about it. So Get It, Read It, and then do something about it.... there are tons of ways to get involved!!!!

P.S. I do warn you... these are not 'read in public' books... They will infuriate you, and move you to tears all on the same page... So, make sure you have plenty of tissue handy...

No comments:

Post a Comment