June 14, 2010

Day 1: In Flight!






I hoped that this update would come much earlier in our trip, but we do not have wifi at the place we are staying at like we'd hoped! So... I think I'll give you a short (actually, after typing it, it may be kind of long! haha) update of the trip, and how things have been going so far...


I can definitely say that trips like these are so hard to describe, so I will not be able to do justice to the stories we have heard, the sweet kids we have met, and the different spiritual battles we have seen.... that being said... GOD IS GOOD!


I'll try and post some pictures in between as well, so you can see what we've been up to!


We are at a coffee shop right now bumming their wifi and, if you read my last post, you know that i'm super happy right now, because I just ate the best cheese sandwich in the world (now I have proof, because Blythe thinks so too! hah)


Anyway- here we go...


Day 1: We left Houston at 5:45 on a straight 11 hour flight to Moscow! The flight was good, but it was actually very turbulent... At one point, Ricardo’s coffee spilled a little bit! haha But we made it to Moscow, and then got into our bus, and made the long 4 hour trip to Ryazan! What a long journey, but we were finally in Ryazan and we crashed at our hotel as soon as we arrived.



1 comment:

  1. thanks, love, for posting! i was wondering when i was going to get some deets! :) im so excited about what's going on over there. praying that God continues to work through your team. love you, praying for you and miss you!! (and can't wait for you to come home and cry with you!)

    (sorry, the first time i posted this at the end of the wrong blog... i'll blame in on the post-surgery meds!)

    ReplyDelete