June 07, 2010

Leavin', on a jet plane...


We leave tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't finished packing yet... maybe I should do that! Haha!! In honor of our departure, I have a few things to share with you about what I'm excited about!!! :) hehe! Some silly, and some super great! SO, here we go!!

Top ten things I'm looking forward to in Russia:
10.) Getting to practice my Russian!
I am very nervous about this!! I was telling Anya (my amazing friend/Russian teacher) that every time I get around a native Russian speaker, everything I learned leaves my head and all I can think to say is "da!!" haha!

9.) Cheese Sandwich & Cappuccino at the Coffee Bean
There is this super awesome coffee shop and they have the best grilled cheese & the biggest cappuccino!! Picture below to prove it! :)
8.)Greek Salad @ Pizza at La Plaza
Yes, another food item, but the cheese in Russia is SO good that it has become something I crave!! So, the greek salad and pizza at our favorite pizza restaurant definitely make the list! (The one on the left was some meat salad that Chris got, but the right is my FAVORITE greek salad ever!)

7.)Russian Sunsets
The pictures will speak for themselves! (Oh, and sunsets are kind of one of my favorite things!) God's beauty displayed!

6.)Seeing our translator friends!!!! :):) Yay!
We have built some great relationships with the translators we've had in years past, and they are definitely our friends more than our translators! I can't wait to see them!!!

5.) Getting to visit the local church!!
The last few trips I've taken, we've gotten to spend some time with a few of the local churches, and I'm SO excited to hopefully get the chance to see them while we are in Ryazan! :)
4.) Seeing our brother Viktor!
We met a guy that graduated from our orphanage a few years ago, and he has definitely become part of our family! We are all looking forward to seeing him!

3.) Seeing our Sweet kids!!!!!!!
Even though we are not going to be able to go to the orphanage (we are still playing for a miracle!!!) we will hopefully get to see the kids! They are SO amazing, and I can't wait to see them!

2.) Hanging out with the Grads!!!!
We will be working at the ministry center and hanging out with the kids who have graduated from various orphanages! I can't wait to see all of them, and to meet some new grads as well! :)


Last, but not least, and definitely most important:
1.) Getting to tell people about my Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

I will definitely update before we leave with some specific prayer requests, for all of you prayer warriors out there!! And, we should have access to the internet every now & then, so hopefully we can update you guys through blog updates! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love you sister and I already miss yall! God is going to do great things!

    ReplyDelete