June 02, 2010

Oh, and by the way, you overpaid...

I can't believe it is June 2nd.

I really can't.

We leave in 5 days! WOW!!!!! 5 Days!!! I am SO excited!

The past month has been a whirlwind of chaos, but life is good, and God is great!

I finished my 2nd to last semester at Sam Houston State University! YAY! I passed my math certification exam, and now, all I have to do is pass my PPR student teach in the fall, do my Teacher Work Sample (oh the dreaded TWS), and then Graduate in DECEMBER! I have been looking forward to this day for a long.... looooong time!!! But it will come soon enough. I'm excited to see what doors God opens up for after graduation!

One of the HUGE things that has been going on in the past month is obviously our trip to Russia, and trying to fundraise for that! I can't even explain to you how much God has provided. Again, and again we have seen his love through His provision. I know in my heart that this trip is exactly what God had in mind, because He has completely moved through His people to support it! We had a garage sale a few weekends ago and had SO much to sell... on Friday as we were setting up car-full after car-full kept pulling in to donate their unwanted items! THEN, to top it off, we made over $2,500!!! I know garage sale's can be a hassle... but what an amazing few days it was! It was great bonding time for our team.... we found some pretty interesting articles... hah, and also it was great to see people from our church body showing their support in ALL sorts of ways! Praise God for all those that supported through donations... if you are one of them, we so greatly appreciate you! Also, those who supported by giving their time! There were quite a few friends that stopped by just to lend a helping hand! Not to mention Hope Heald that came out and priced everything and was our voice of reason when it came to selling items!! It would not have been a success without her! One thing that was amazing to me is that even after all of our fundraising was over, we got a call from children's HopeChest and they said that we "overpaid by $600" so we're getting a refund....... now I'm kind of a math person, so i did the math and I just don't see how it makes sense... but I know that God is showing us His favor even in an event like this!

GOD IS GOOD!

I am overwhelmed when I think about all of the ways that God has provided for us, and I love that He always beckons us to trust Him, even in those moments when all seems lost -- because that is when we truly see that everything is His, and comes from Him..... and it is nothing of ourselves... He whispers to us, just wait, and trust in Me...

Thank you all for being the hands and feet of Christ to our team... and for your support prayerfully, financially, and physically!

We're packing our supply bags tonight.... Velveeta, Rotel, Salsa and all.... I'll keep you updated! Stay tuned for more specific ways you can pray!

Я вас силно люблю и молюсь за вас!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you all. So exciting!!
    Lots of love, hugs and prayers always,
    Kenneth and Linda Niederhofer

    ReplyDelete