July 28, 2010

so much on my mind...

Have you ever had one of those weeks? Or few weeks? Not 'bad' necessarily... but just super challenging? 

That has been my life for the past few weeks. I know that it is because God is really challenging me, and wanting to mold me into a woman who knows His love more... 

but -- it's still super hard. It seems like every time I turn around, the Lord is revealing another flaw and insecurity... and giving me another opportunity to rely on His love and not the love and acceptance of others... I'll be super honest... I'm the kind of person who likes to 'fit-in'... but God is really revealing to me that I depend on that feeling of acceptance to give me worth...

I want to be a woman who gets her complete worth and value from her Savior -- not from friends, boys, parents, etc... although God can use those people to encourage you and affirm you... we shouldn't rely on what they say or what they think to make us who we are... our value is found in Christ... and that He loves me so much that he laid down his life for me.

Here is just one of the many verses I have been trying to dwell on lately...

I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. - Psalm 139:14



No comments:

Post a Comment