July 07, 2010

feeling crafty :)

So, I've been feeling super-duper crafty lately (thanks to my friend Katy Stone - who introduced me to the world of craft-blogging... SO FUN by the way!!)


Sooooo -- I found an idea online that I've been working with... basically they're glass tiles that you use different scrap-booking paper with and then make them into necklaces. I've been using ribbon as the 'chain' because you can accent with different colors!


I have made quite a few different ones in the past month... we made about 50 to take with us to Russia and give as gifts for the translators, and girls that we met! I think they enjoyed them!!


One of the couples from our church that is adopting from Russia asked me to make some for them to take as gifts to give on their upcoming adoption trip... so of course my answer was YES :) Another excuse to craft! haha!! Here are the ones that I picked out for their trip...


There are SO many different styles to chose from, and here are just a few that I've done! :) the one in grey says 'любовь' which means 'love' in Russian :) 


I think I may have some fun ideas for these in the upcoming months... I will probably use them to help raise funds for my next endeavor to Russia!!!



Here are a few closer shots :) Hope you like!


The ones with Russian writing are my favorite ;)

If you're interested in a necklace -- let me know! I can pretty much customize them in any way possible :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment