July 13, 2010

this is reality...

So, I want to share some images with you... and I would love for you to pray for this sweet girl, Nastya... I shared a little bit of her story earlier this month, and we were able to get some pictures of the apartment that was left for her from when her parents passed away. Right now the conditions are [to say the least] unlivable -- so we are praying about what our next step can be in helping the sweet young girl get on her feet... please pray with us...


We have been able to form a relationship with a local pastor in Russia, and he picked up one of the care givers from the orphanage and then went out to the camp where Nastya is and picked her up to take them to see Nastya's place... it has had boards over the windows/doors so they haven't been able to see it... but we wanted to know what condition it was in so we would know how to help her... and these are the photos they sent us...
This is just one story, but sadly this is a reality that some of these orphans face when they leave the orphanage... 









Please pray for resources, and for some people that can be Christ to Nastya and help her get this place in order to be a home... she has to leave the orphanage by the end of August...

2 comments:

  1. Charly, The plight of the Russian Orphan breaks my heart, no matter what age they are. I have enjoyed following your blog and love the t-shirts I bought to support Orphans. BUT, the big news is, get this - you have had a ripple effect in Christ! I bought two tshirts for my friends the Overstreets and now they are going to use the same fundraiser to support a home in Vladivostok. Here is the link: http://overstreetjourneycontinued.blogspot.com/2010/07/t-shirt-fundraiser.html
    Many many blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Thank you for sharing with your friends! I commented her blog and told her how I excited I am for their adoption journey! It's awesome to partner with each other in fighting for these sweet children!

    ReplyDelete