April 10, 2010

I want to believe before I see...

Trust.

God in so many ways beckons me to trust Him.

It's amazing, this summer will be my 5th trip to Russia. Last year I was able to travel there 3 different times! As I was fundraising for each trip, God provided in abundance!!

However; each time, after a certain point, it's almost like I seem to 'forget' what God has done in the past. I begin to get anxious, and begin to believe the lie that says, 'He will not come through'...

I KNOW God is the great provider. I KNOW my God is true to His word. I KNOW my God is beckoning me to trust Him.

It's amazing... Last week Tuesday was an amazing day. As the day began, I was feeling 'anxious' about finances for our trip, and I was not going back to the promises of God, and relying on Him... BUT our God is good, and He is faithful, even when I am not. So, Tuesday, while at the church, we received a check that was a donation for our trip. Amazing. Praise the Lord. Then, at TRUTH we had a bake sale.... which went well! Also, we sold our fundraiser T-Shirts at TRUTH and sold 44 out of 50 the FIRST NIGHT! Amazing! God is good! Then, I get home at about 11 pm... all the while having an amazing day and seeing God be so faithful. Finally, I check the mail! We received another check in the mail as a donation for our trip! AMAZING! So I am running around the house at almost midnight just in awe of God and his goodness! THEN after all of this amazingness, I get online to check out flight prices, and they had gone from $1,023 each to $693 per person! This saves our team about $3,000!! PRAISE THE LORD!

All this to say, GOD PROVIDES! I know this. I have seen Him provide. Every. Time!

But, my point is this... why do I wait to SEE Him provide? Why can't I just KNOW that He will. Each time, I find myself falling into the lie of doubting how GOOD my God is. I don't say it outright, but I say it with my actions. I begin to be anxious, and I don't trust Him.

The time I had with the Lord on Tuesday and Wednesday after seeing God provide for our team in amazing ways was SO sweet... but I began to think. I want that sweet intimacy ALL THE TIME. I want to KNOW that my God provides. He is beckoning us to trust Him...

If we have to SEE God move, how much different are we from those in the new testament who asked for Jesus to show them more signs and miracles before they would believe who he was. Yes, miracles happen, and God is good! He provides, but we shouldn't wait to see it to believe it. I want to just KNOW! I want to believe His word SO MUCH that I don't have to wait to see the end result to praise Him.

I want to praise Him even before I see what He does or where He leads!

I don't want to be a someone who is always waiting for something from God, and who only believes He is who He says He is after I see it... I want to be someone who is praising my Savior just for WHO HE IS! Because He is just that... my SAVIOR!

So I'll ask you... what are you waiting for? Financial provision? A Job? A child? A Spouse? Something else? We are all waiting for something... but don't let the time of waiting pass you by... let it be a sweet time of intimacy with your savior. We know God is good, faithful, and will provide (maybe not in our timing, or exactly what we wanted, but what HE wants)... so why wait to praise Him, and why doubt He will come through? Bank on the fact that He is in control and TRUST.

No comments:

Post a Comment