November 02, 2010

Tug of War

Lately, my heart has been pulled in so many directions. It's this constant tug of war between my flesh and my spirit. I seem to struggle constantly with the same things over and over... The Spirit reminds me of who my Savior is, and that my God provides for every need, and that He ALONE satisfies.... that tells me I am created in the image of God and that He has a plan for my life. Yet, the enemy tells me that I am insignificant. That I am incomplete in certain areas in my life. That I, because I am different from other girls, am not 'good enough'. My flesh desires certain things so much..... so much it is overwhelming. And lately in those overwhelming moments, I seem to hear the lies of the enemy over the truth of my Savior.

I need help. I need the Lord to come in and renovate this heart of mine... I need to listen to the Spirit and to combat the lies of the enemy that come into my mind, and that come from the lips of others. 

I think the root of the issue is my selfishness, and that when it all comes down to it, I focus on 'me'. I was reminded tonight, that when we pray and seek the Lord for who He is, His power, His will, His glory, then it gives us such a different perspective on out 'needs' an 'desires'. I need and want to lay aside 'me'.... 

I know that while I am still in this flesh, there will always be struggle... but I know the Lord is calling me to trust and be satisfied in Him no matter what.... rich or poor, single or married, healthy or sick, living in the states or living across the globe.... He is calling me to trust that His way is better... I want to live this daily .... because I am so tired of this tug-of-war. 

The Lord is good, and He alone satisfies. I must fight my fleshly mind & the enemy that tells me otherwise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment