November 04, 2010

*countless*

I am recently finding that when the Lord is teaching you something, He gives you many opportunities to put into practice that character skill that he is teaching. He has designed it lately in my life like this... I am struggling with something right now, and this week alone, I have had countless opportunities -- *and when I say 'opportunities' what I really mean to say is super tough/hard situations that make me realize all I can do is trust in my Savior* -- anyway- countless.... I mean countless opportunities to look to the cross instead of worrying or being discouraged....


I must confess -- I am still working on this... but I'm thankful that the Lord gives many chances because if He only gave me one opportunity to show growth in a specific area, I would, in all honesty, screw it up. When He gives multiple opportunities, I hope with each situation that I can grow closer and closer to having a complete Christlike reaction -- again, I am still working on this... but I am beginning to see a pattern in some recent happenings and some things that the Lord is obviously calling me to 'work on'... Have you noticed any 'patterns' in your struggles? Do you think that these are something that the Lord is trying to teach you? Here is the kicker.... are you being a good student? (Again, I must admit -- I haven't been... I don't listen very well... but I am now trying to have my eyes & ears on my teacher alone...) 


I know that the Lord is at work... Russia in 2 weeks... and I know that He has something big (mostly b/c I've seen the enemy up to no good more recently than in a looooong time...) I just want to trust.... I want to trust completely

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that you are going back! I pray we will be back soon too! I will keep you in my prayers- yes! God does have big plans for you! :)

    ReplyDelete